It’s a new year! Hopefully this one will be better than the dumpster fire that was 2016. Your favorite discriminating fangirls are aiming to have a much busier year here at the blog, and we’re glad you’re joining us!
First, we’d like to welcome The Bibliomaniac back to TDF! She’ll be reviewing books as she reads them, and we’re super excited to have her back!
Second, we have a new mascot.
Fangirl Jr was born last September! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably been hit with a firehose of baby pics of her, but I had to share this here, too. :D
And finally, if you haven’t been following us on Instagram, you should! Each month we post a new photo challenge, and we love seeing all the awesome bookish pics you share! Here’s January’s challenge:
How to participate:
- Have an Instagram account.
- You donâ€™t have to follow us, but it would be awesome if you did.
- You can also follow PamelaÂ and AmandaÂ if youâ€™d like. We love meeting new Instagrammers!
- On each day of January, post a photo that youâ€™ve taken that fits the theme. So on JanuaryÂ 1st, youâ€™d post a photo of your To Be Read list forÂ the month. It could be a written list or a stack of books. Get creative! You can use extra props or just take pictures of your books or geeky accoutrements. Anything goes!
- Tag each post with #tdfjan17 so we can see it! Weâ€™ll even feature our favorites on our IG page.
You donâ€™t have to post every day, and playing catch up is totally fine. If youâ€™re looking for ideas about what kinds of pictures to take, check out theÂ #bookstagram tag for inspiration. And if you have ideas for future challenges, let us know in the comments.